Ok well, I managed to get everything fixed. Imagine that! After several frantic calls and emails to Campus France and the Consulate in Chicago, everything worked out. I woke up Monday morning and called Campus France. I knew that there would be some understanding of French that would be necessary when conducting such work, but I had hoped that there was some sort of a warning... an automated service offering me a choice for Français or English would have been helpful under my conditions. I had just woken up and called to hear the voice of a lady speaking French. I was not prepared, but I tried my hardest with my worst accent possible I declared "J'ai une probleme!" She obviously was not impressed by pronunciation/accent or somehow she knew that I was American, so she immediately announced that she spoke English. I was so relieved, because my thoughts were so muffled with the idea that I may not be able to go to France. She reassured me that everything would be ok, and I began to feel much better. I was advised to overnight my fee and proof that I have been accepted by Stendhal and when I arrive at the consulate, I was to bring an express envelope, since my attestation would not be completed by Wednesday.
Chicago was a long drive to make for a day trip. My father, who had been driving since 4 am with my brother, had arrived at 6 am and we made it to Chicago at about 1--> two hours early for my appointment, so we got to walk around the busy town and watch the tourists. PS Chicago is beautiful! I went to my appointment and had to explain my missing attestation to the lady who issued the visas. I was jokingly scolded by one of the assistants about how I should have done my homework and then I went on my way.
Luckily to say, everything is better...much better! I feel great. Now I am back to my original concern: the student loans.
Today I also received the news of my housing arrangements and I am happy to say that I will be living in a residence hall. I cannot wait. Also, the strangest part is I met a girl who is participating in the same program as me on facebook, so we have been chatting all summer- she is my housemate (or at least I think so) either way we are in the same residence, so I am super excited
No comments:
Post a Comment